Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Finds From the Teacher's Estate




Here are some more of my goodies - a rose covered Limoge tea/coffee pot - missing it's lid, but at $2 I knew I could still put it to good use.

A handpainted bluebird dish - $3, the monogrammed silver brushes - $3 for the pair (serious happy dance!) rose covered teacups, 2 rhinestone pins from the 1920's - $8 for both, sitting atop the silver lidded and glass vanity jar I got for .50 is a gorgeous mother of pearl pin - also .50 and that clear slab of thick glass was $1 and I will create a cool vintage inspired paperweight with that!
One entire room was nothing but old, old books! Even though I was sneezing, I spent about 30 minutes on my hands and knees going through stacks upon stacks and found 7 at $1 each that just had to come home with me. My favorite? Lavender and Old Lace, of course!
Come back tomorrow and I'll show you how I put some of these treasures to use!
Until next time,
Tammy
P.S. Thank you so much to those who've welcomed me to Blogland! Your support and encouragement mean the world to me! Please bear with me while I struggle to make my posts as pro as yours!

1 comment:

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

You scored girl!!! So many fabulous finds. I'm jealous. I love the blue bird plate, it's just too precious. You got some pretty good deals. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me such nice comments. It really means a lot to me. Keep up the blogging, it can be quite addicting.